BSCA: Big Spring's Preparatory School
- There are a very, very limited number of places remaining for the upcoming school year. If you have been considering Big Spring Classical Academy for your child's education, contact Donna Sue at 432-296-3888 with any questions that you may have.
- A volunteer workshop will be conducted at 10 am on Tuesday, August 27th, at Big Spring Classical Academy. Areas in which volunteers are needed include: phonics/reading tutors, playtime oversight, lunchtime set-up and clean-up, copying and organization, etc. Specific uniform items for the upcoming year will be discussed, as well.
- Classes begin on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013, at 8 a.m. The Big Spring Chamber of Commerce will be at school for a ribbon-cutting ceremony on the first day of school. Students will be photographed for a blurb in the Big Spring Herald, so, please ensure that they are wearing their light blue and khaki uniforms.
- Astronomy will be the focus for our science study this school year. We will begin this exciting study with a Star Party at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, September 6th, in Forsan, Texas, at the northern end of One-Mile Road. BSCA students will demonstrate a scale model of our solar system by utilizing approximately a thousand yards of One-Mile Road. After sunset, we will enjoy stargazing and constellation identification. Anyone can attend; just remember to bring lawn chairs and blankets!
- School pictures will be taken by Bruce Schooler on Friday, September 13th, beginning at 9 a.m. with the youngest classes. Students should be wearing their regular Friday attire.
- School decals for your car are available through the Academy and, if you go by Flo-Lite on West 3rd, they have the capability to make (for a small charge) a coordinating decal of your student's name for display just below the school decal!
- Link for downloadable admissions application may be found on the "ADMISSIONS APPLICATION" page listed at left! Return to us at P. O. Box 454, Big Spring, Texas 79721.
A Christ-Centered, Classical School
Current Offerings and Future Development
Big Spring Classical Academy was founded to answer the need for an educational alternative in Big Spring, combining a Christ-centered atmosphere and focus with the classical method and philosophy for teaching.
We believe that effective teaching is more than just imparting knowledge. Our primary directive is to cultivate a love of learning in our students.
Big Spring Classical Academy
exists to provide
a classical education
in a Christ-centered environment
to equip students
for a lifetime of excellence
in learning, service, and leadership
to the glory of God.
For the 2013-14 school year, BSCA will offer grades Pre-K through fifth.
Sixth grade will be added for the 2014-15 year; 7th and 8th will be added for the 2015-16 year; and 9th through 12th will be added for the 2016-17 year.
Big Spring Classical Academy is being developed according to the guidelines of the Association of Classical and Christian Schools. Accreditation will be awarded upon graduation of the first class from Big Spring Classical Academy.